to the new m&m's;


Thursday, June 14, 2007

When War meets Video Games

1. Why are war video games so popular now?
War video games are so popular for many reasons. One reason would be that current events are creating interest for the war games. Young adults who read or know about the current events might be more interested to see what would it be like to be in the war and wargames and help create that image. For the younger teens who play war games, war games are interesting to them for the fighthing, the effects, the violence, and such. I hate to admit it but my younger brothers both enjoy playing war games for the violence and the effects that occur when you shoot a person. They get engulfed in the whole great effects part, and as well as the the storylines. Even before the whole fad of video games happened, there were still some really good war games with not-so good effects. The multiplayer choice, the whole being a hero thing. and the action is what makes war video games really popular today.

2. "If it's not realistic, it's not worth playing," is a quote in the article. Do you think realistic war games desensitive people to the horror of war or is it just fun?
I think that it's just fun. People know that the difference between the wars in the game and wars in real life is that real life affects real people. War games are created realisticly for fun. If it is realistic, it makes it much better to play because you can actually feel yourself in the war. If anything, I think some war games may even make people be more sensitive to the war, depending on their maturity of course.

3. What do you personally think of war video games?

I personally think that war games are really fun to play. The whole plot lines and game itself does not amuse me that much, but the multiplayer games are what I really enjoy. The fun of playing with your friends and trying to win against them is what I find best in war games. I don't mind playing the story choice, but I'm not very good at those XD. I guess, if you're really good at these kind of games, story mode is best for you. I don't mind the realisticness of the video games either. The content in what I value most. I probably will be hooked on war games for a while. :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home